Saturday, March 02, 2013

sum-up: le mois de février

Hi world!

You must be getting tired of me blabbing on about this every month: But has February really passed already? Are you freakin' kidding me?! Am I really leaving Paris in four months? You have GOT to be kidding me!! I'm never leaving this place. NEVER.

The thing is, though: I am. I AM leaving Paris. After careful consideration I decided not to stay for half a year/one more year. You might think: Why?
I did so myself. And sometimes I still do.

It's all about the money. You see - if I decided to stay, I would have to get myself an apartment. And in order to be able to afford that, I would have to work full-time, because it's so bloody expensive to live here. It's not that I wouldn't want to work full time, but the reason why I love living here so much, is because I have the TIME to do whatever I want. I don't think Paris would be as exciting behind a counter. Simple as that. Besides: A is leaving this summer, my two friends S and C (whom you haven't yet acquainted) are leaving as well. Honestly, I think I'd feel like I was starting all over again.

It's just such a shame, isn't it?
After two months in Paris, I felt like I was a Parisian and I felt at home. But it aaaalways takes half a year to really settle down. And when that half year has passed, there's no time left to enjoy the rest of your residence.
Difficult.

Either way - we must get on with our monthly sum-up as usual. I've been GOOD this month, and I've written down everything when I saw/experienced it. Wooo!



February - pro's:
- A whole lot of having fun with my girlfriends (I.E. getting drunk and partying....)
- Girlfriends in general. Will definitely have to introduce you to them. Note to self.
- SUNSHINE. It hasn't rained much this month.
- Visit from my BFF and big sister, Maria. I think, that that was actually the biggest pro this month.
- Early Saturday morning-walks. Something, that I love doing when the sun is out. The city is still sleeping before 10 in the morning, so I've been taking morning walks in the sun with music in my ears. I can't tell you how lovely it is.
- Famous 'Tarte au Citron' in the Marais. Introducing you soon.
- Spring in general. It's been cold, but really sunny.
- Starting school! Woo!
- Musée d'Orsay. Encore une fois (yet again).
- Taking the bike home when you've been out at night. I love biking through Paris - crossing Place de la Concorde, spotting the Eiffel Tower, riding along the Seine. So romantic.

February - con's:
- The metro is only temporarily out of order when GOING to school. Any other time - it works perfectly.
- Tourists...
- ... walking slowly...
- ... while taking up ALL the space on the sidewalk...
- ... and not at ALL hearing when you snap at them...
- ... and when they suddenly decide to just STOP on the sidewalk...
- ... STILL TAKING UP ALL THE SPACE!
- Meeting a BIG FAT HAIRY RAT on my way home from partying on a random Wednesday. EW-EW-EW-ew-ew-ew-eew-EEEEW!

February - what have I learned?
- That my posture is bad. I have GOT to start straightening up. Bad, bad habbit.
- To meet people with open arms: I have had loads of amazing experiences this month, because I've said yes to everything. I've met people who have introduced me to some incredible experiences. If I hadn't said yes.... Then I wouldn't be as happy as I am today.
- That when buying the weekly coffee on Starbucks, it's easier to use my middle name (Sofie) rather than my actual name (Thea). Somehow I always end up with names like "Thie", "Thio", "Thia", "Teah". Sofie it is.
- That you cannot and shall not ever make friends with a rat.
- That you should NEVER place your make-up bag in the sink while applying your make-up. You WILL by mistake turn ON the tap and you WILL see your make-up bag fill with water while panicking like a stressed out horse, screaming like a hyena. And yes... That DID happen to me.
- That MAC Cosmetics should receive a medal for waterproof packaging. Nothing got ruined! And my brushes were clean afterwards!

February - could not have survived without...
- Spring and sunshine. And lots of it.
- Faux leather pants from H&M.
- All my purchased oils from Marrakech: Argan, rose and mint oil (yet again)
- French cheese.
- French wine.
- Danish liquorice. Thank you to my lovely aunt who sent me A BOX full of danish liquorice.
- Girlfriends.
- Beyoncé "Love on Top"
- Red lipstick from Revlon ("Revlon Red"). Lasts for ages on your lips and the color is AMAZING. Loving bold lips.

February - could have survived without...
- RATS running around in the streets.
- Witnessing my make-up bag slowly (no, fast!) filling with water.



... And they can't even spell THAT right. IT'S WITH AN F!!! 



Me on the left, my girlfriend Simone on the right. 




Now you know what six kilos woth of moules looks like...



Yes. Me drinking water. Not vodka.


Goodmorning.


.... Aaaaand good evening.


Me-me-me.


Much love and gros bisous
Thea





4 comments:

  1. Hej Thea! Virkelig spændende at følge med på din blog, isætr fordi jeg selv håber på at kunne rejse til Paris næste år :)
    Men jeg tænkte på, hvad er det egentlig du laver i Paris?
    De bedste tanker Sofie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Sofie -
      Ja... Hvad er det egentlig jeg laver? Du er ikke den første der spørger, så hold øje med bloggen den kommende uge - der ryger fluks et indlæg op om HVAD jeg laver!
      Bisous fra Paris (.. og GØR det - flyt hertil, altså.)

      Delete
  2. Lækkert, det vil jeg glæde mig til :)
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SÅ er indlægget oppe - håber det hjalp en smule :)

      Delete