Tuesday, February 19, 2013

what to buy in marrakech: part three

I'm stopping soon - I promise.
I just have a few things left to share with you purchase-wise.

SO.... I'm moving back to Denmark this summer. Horrifying and really great, too. I'm moving straight into a beautiful apartment, and I cannot wait. Thing is, though...
I have nothing. I have my bed, two pillows, two duvets, I have an amazing hair-dryer (thank you, grandma!! it's incredible!), I have two egg cups, I have three tons of clothes and four tons of make-up and other beauty-stuff.

Other than that... I don't have much.
So I'm starting to buy things for my apartment.
AAAAaaaand it so happens, that you find incredible wickerwork in Marrakech (and many other African countries, too). I felt like buying all the bags and baskets, but instead, I bought these amazing mats. Now there's only left to start making HOT food. 

And in order to do that, you need spices. I added a lot of photos of the spice-shop in this blog-post. Check it out.

The apartment I'm moving home to has a fairly big terrace. I needed to bring home some of that Moroccan feel, so I bought this beautiful lantern to hang onto the parasol. Can't wait to see what it looks like with a candle in it at night.

All there is left to say, is:
Everything is cheap. Sometimes ridiculously cheap. This is when you start buying A LOT. Beware: Because of the cheap prices, it might very well end up being a VERY expensive holiday. That wasn't the case for me, but I could very well have been. Just remember....

Much love and gros bisous
Thea









No comments:

Post a Comment