Monday, January 21, 2013

marrakech: day four


(This post is uploaded one day too late - sorry!!)

Ciao, dear readers
I'm writing on our fourth day here in Marrakech - and it feels like our last, although I'm fairly sure, that the most exiting part is yet to come. 
I'm about to ask you an odd question: Have you ever watched Sex & The City The Movie 2? Where they are in Abu Dhabi?
Well… Folks… If that's the case, then let me give you a little inside knowledge: It wasn't actually filmed in Abu Dhabi. It was filmed here, in Marrakech. Do you remember the palace of a hotel they lived in? Well…. That's called 'La Mamounia' - and that's where I'm going in one hour. To stay. Just for one (and our last) night here in Marrakech. Supposedly, it's one of the world's best hotels. I really think that this might be the biggest hotel-experience I've ever had.

Enough about Mamounia. I'll make sure to snap you some photos. Until then, visit their website.

But what I'm actually supposed to write about is what we did yesterday. 
As I wrote, we went to get massages. Les Bains de Marrakech (the place where we got our hammam-baths) were fully booked, so we went to a place called 'St Tropez' that a friend had recommended. It was much, much cheaper - but also, much, much less luxurious. The massage was nice, but I'm the kind of person who would rather pay a little more to get a more luxurious experience.

We also went to the souk (the market) to but lots of spices -- it was incredible. We really have some nice smelling stuff in our baggage now! I also bought a little ghetto-bling-bling (yes, I'm a sucker for that) to wear with my knit sweaters at winter or a white t-shirt in the summer. 

Either way - I can't complain.
We went home to our hotel afterwards, had dinner, relaxed in our indoor 'garden' with wine and conversation. Such a relaxing day.

Much love and gros bisous
Thea










No comments:

Post a Comment