Thursday, November 08, 2012

i'm HOME

Hello everyone!

I apologize for my absence the past two weeks. I've been back in Copenhagen to visit friends and family, and it was great. I planned to snap a few photos of the city for my foreign readers, but I never got that far. Instead I celebrated my sister's birthday, drank hot chocolate, visited my grandparents and hung out with my friends. It was really nice.

What's even nicer was to return HOME to Paris - I cannot tell you how much I missed the city. The second I stepped out of the train on Gare du Nord, the city smelled like croissants..... Just... Croissants!
It's great being back in the big city. Yeah, sure - Copenhagen is the capital of Denmark, but once I moved away from that place, I realized just how tiny it is. There's so much more to see.

A lot of friends back in Denmark asked me, if Paris was a place that I could stay in... Like... Forever. My first impulse was: Yes... of COURSE I can....
But the more I thought about it, the more I realized, that I really don't think Paris is the kind of city that I'd settle down in. For now it's great, but I think that's because I'm so young. Once I have children (in a HUNDRED years), I think I'd want to settle in Copenhagen. Denmark is just amazing, and Copenhagen will always be my home. Just not for now.

Either way.....
Some followers have been requesting photos of what jewelry I wear, because I always-always-always wear the same jewelry. I sleep in it, I shower in it, I swim in it, I clean in it - yes, I never take it off. The only thing I switch between are my two big rings (the dark blue stone and the light pink stone).







From the left, we have my beloved Rolex watch, which is probably the ONE thing I'd save in a fire // next we have the two rings that I switch between -- the dark blue stone specially customized to me by Aurum in Copenhagen, the light pink one is my mother's sorta-engagement-ring from my dad (she gave it to me to bring to Paris) from Marlene Juul Jørgensen // the necklace I got from my boyfriend, A, for my 18th birthday -- it's from Line & Jo // the three skinny rings -- two of them are (again) my mother's and the third (with the tiny stone) is a graduation-gift from my parents from Line & Jo // two earrings, both by Line & Jo -- I only have one hole in my ear, and I only wear my tiny pin in it... On the other ear I wear a fake "piercing" // last but not least my beloved gold bracelet from my dad - I love its simplicity and total anonymity yet it's so, so graceful.

As you can see, I own a lot of jewelry from danish Line & Jo - I love the jewelry because it's very, very elegant and not very chunky. I like how both of my earrings, necklace and ring match -- they all have the same little diamond. It ties everything together. I love my two rings because of their chunkiness - they go so well with the rest of my stuff.

So, my friends,
That's all for now. I'll be back soon with more Parisian-related posts for you to read!
Much love and gros bisous
Thea

☆ ☆ 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Thea - sikke nogle SMUKKE smykker!
    Kram Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tusind tak, søde Elizabeth. Håber du har det godt!

    ReplyDelete