Saturday, October 20, 2012

my new bff

Hey, everybody!
Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. I definitely am.
It's raining in Paris. You might think, that that's all I've been saying the past weeks. Honestly, I feel like that too, although we had quite nice weather yesterday. It's fairly warm these days (20°) but the sun has been hiding.
So.... Saturday.... Rain. What to do?

Yesterday I started cleaning my tiny room, when I realized how nice it would be to have some white curtains to cover my shelves where I have clothing and a whole lot of other stuff. I figured it would make the room more calm and less noisy..... Does that make sense?

Either way. In the middle of my cleaning I threw away what I held in my hands, grabbed my wallet and went to the fabric store just around the corner. The streets here on Montmartre are FILLED with fabric stores, so it's easy to find what you're looking for.
I came home with some beautiful white cotton for the curtains and black lace to sow another pair of lace pants (... you haven't actually seen the first pair I made, but if you follow me on Instagram you'll have seen parts of them). 

I threw myself at the sowing machine and finished the first curtain within an hour. While sowing I realized just how much I love it. I've always been creative, but for some reason I never started sowing. Now I have.

As I am writing now, I literally JUST finished my second curtain and I snapped some quick photos for you to see (especially my grandmother.... hope you're reading this!).

So... As I chose to edit the photo's i black/white, you can't see the color of the ribbon on the top - but it's actually a neon orange. I thought it would be a fun twist on those really soft and 'clean' curtains.








Here's the finished result. I think it's quite neat.

I went out with Clara yesterday - we had a really good time. I'm seeing her on tuesday, we're going to build a bed for her.......... I realize now that I've become all about the DIY - which is weird, because it's not very parisian.

Have a great weekend, people.
Much love and gros bisous
Thea

☆ ☆ 

No comments:

Post a Comment