Friday, August 31, 2012

le mois d'août - AUGUST sum-up

This month has come to an end. I have officially been living in Paris for one month.
For some reason, I've had days where I didn't think I'd ever make it.
But I have. For now. And I'm really happy here. The (danish) family I live with are returning tonight, and although it's been, well... awesome, to have this apartment alone, I can't wait for them to return. Much more about them to come...

I promised you a sum-up. So let's get started.

August - pro's:
- Chanel ballerina flats. Big fat PRO.
- Double mojito at La Comete (oh, I still haven't told you about that!)
- Visit from long-lost French friend Camille. Read about it here.
- Our weekend in The Normandy. Read about it here.
- The day where I went into a shop, and the saleswoman started speaking French to me. Two seconds later, two girls entered the shop, and the saleswoman said: "You speak English?" and spoke English to them. She actually thought I was a Parisenne. VICTORYYYY!
- Jardin des Tuileries. I just love that parc.
- Danish ELLE arriving with the mail. Today, in fact. And I'm featured in it. TWICE.
- Politiken Weekly arriving with the mail. Up until a few hours ago, I really had no clue about what was happening back home in Denmark.
- Meeting three girls, Virna, Celyîah & Sara - I'm having dinner with them tonight.
- Buying a metro-card for one month. Feeling like a true Parisian. Reminds me that I have to renew it.....
- Watching Gossip Girl to warm up for the upcoming episodes during this autumn.


August - con's:
- Fainting and bumping my head. Big fat con.
- The weather. TOO HOT, I said.
- Tired feet from walking, walking, walking.
- Leaving my family. I miss my siblings like crazy.
- Leaving mom and dad. Miss them just as much.
- Leaving my friends, whom I cannot live without.


August - what have I learned?
- To drink plenty (I repeat: PLENTY) of water to avoid dehydration (technically, I knew that!)
- That you in Copenhagen find people biking on the pavement. In Paris, you find people driving on their scooters (?!?!??!)
- That, if you have a boyfriend who is cooking-obsessed, it can actually be cheaper to eat in a restaurant.
- That it's REALLY REALLY expensive to live on your own. Food-wise, of course..... What else?
- That I have amazing friends and family waiting for me at home.
- That I appreciate mail. Contact me to get my address.
- That I live in the coolest street in Paris.
- That I can make friends by fainting or doing something else dramatic to draw myself attention. Have currently become BFF's with an old man from my local grocery-shop.
- To drink espresso. Very, very parisienne.


August - could not have survived without...
- August.... As in my boyfriend.
- Camille.
- Free calls to numbers in Denmark. Have spoken with my family every day.
- Double mojito.
- Kinder maxi.
- My iPhone (sorry...)
- Skype.
- Chips with vinaigre.

August - could have survived without...
- Black eye due to my minor accident.
- Noise in the steet at night. Gotta get used to that.
- Creepy French men. Ew ew ew ew ew ew.
- Heatwave.


Was that about enough sum-up for you?
Let's look at some pictures...



The double mojito I have been refering to. It's DANGEROUS.



Sacre Cœur at Montmatre


Sacre Cœur at Montmatre


Rue Papin (I call my dad Papin). With an unfortunate sign underneath. Sort of takes the charm away, doesn't it?





Along the Seine, you can find quite a lot of animal-shops. I stopped by one, just to look, but I ended up falling completely in love with this mops. I dream of buying one some day, despite the fact that they're quite ugly... Yet SO SO CUTE. It stared at me like that the entire time I was there.


.... And when I was about to leave, it did that.


And then there was the white puppy. Awwwe.


The view from my balcony. I love this picture.




Our basil.



Tomorrow I'll tell you about this month's Danish ELLE - this is all for today. Hope you enjoyed it!

Much love and gros bisous
Thea

☆ ☆ 

No comments:

Post a Comment